Roll Works Automation ensures the compliance of grinding requirements for the different groups of rolls. It is online connected with the Roll Works Communication Centers and through this the requirements are transferred as commands to the grinding machines.
The system makes sure that …
- demands on minimum and maximum stock removal values are kept.
- rolls keep eddy current and ultrasonic thresholds.
- diameter ranges are kept.
- profile tolerances are kept.
- prevents from grinding wrong profiles.
- investigates eddy current and ultrasonic measurements for suspect characteristics and changes grinding process appropriately.
- checks eddy current measurements for magnetism and if necessary initiates demagnetization.
- initiates special surface checks on damaged rolls.
- manages cyclic measurement device checks.